In case you haven’t heard, Sony and Marvel Entertainment have found a way to include Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe! So, what do we know at this point?
– Spider-Man will make an appearance in the next Captain America movie, “Captain America: Civil War”, which for comic books fans is great news.
– Also, a major point is that Spider-Man will NO LONGER be played by Andrew Garfield. So, start speculating who should be the next Web Slinger!
– After Spidey’s appearance in “Captain America: Civil War”, Sony and Marvel will work together to make another solo movie of Spider-Man on July 28, 2017.
– Spidey is one of the most popular Avengers and will likely be included in the 3rd phase of Marvel films — like the “Avengers: Infinity War”, which is being broken into 2 parts.
– “Sinister Six” is still in development. This, of course, has Spidey’s villains working together in their own movie.
– The current Marvel movie release dates have been affected:
- Thor: Ragnarok moved 4 months later (eyeing Nov. 3, 2017)
- Black Panther delayed by 8 months (eyeing July 6, 2018)
- Captain Marvel bumped to (eyeing Nov. 2, 2018)
- Inhumans moves as well (eyeing July 12, 2019)
This is BIG news! I’m glad that Marvel and Sony can put their differences aside and give the fans what they want. Now they just need to get 20th Century Fox on board as they own the film rights to other properties such as the X-Men and Fantastic Four.
Can DC respond with any exciting news?!