Outside of fantasy booking and complaining about WWE creative there’s nothing the internet wrestling community (IWC) loves to do more than speculate on rumors. This weekly feature recaps the latest gossip surrounding pro wrestling over the previous week.
Let’s take a look at the most prominent rumors from 8/11-8/17:
- The Rock is expected to appear at SummerSlam, but what exactly he’ll do at the show remains up in the air. The best guesses would be to start a program with Triple H leading to a match at WrestleMania or he interferes in the main event to protect both participants.
- Lucha Underground’s second season is still not confirmed, but expect the show’s production value to be scaled down a bit if another season does come to fruition.
- Sting looks to be making his in-ring return at Night of Champions.
- Sasha Banks and Kevin Owens were seen carrying their respective divisions’ NXT titles at recent tapings. It appears this was done to protect the finishes at the NXT Takeover event this weekend.
- ESPN will be at SummerSlam to cover the event. However, don’t expect any major features on Sportscenter.
Heard of any other speculation worth mentioning? Let us know in the comments section below. Also, don’t forget that these are all rumors that originated from a ton of different sources and these notes are not to be treated as fact.
Featured Image: thewrestlingretort.com