Outside of fantasy booking and complaining about WWE creative there’s nothing the internet wrestling community (IWC) loves to do more than speculate on rumors. This weekly feature recaps the latest gossip surrounding pro wrestling over the previous week.
Let’s take a look at the most prominent rumors from 5/4 through 5/10:
- Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper and Erick Rowan are apparently reforming the Wyatt Family. No word on whether or not Bray’s real-life brother Bo Dallas will be joining the group to get his career back on track.
- PW Insider speculates that Taz would like to work in the WWE again in some capacity.
- Steve Austin stated he has a big announcement forthcoming, but would not tip his hand on if his announcement had anything to do with the WWE. That said, it’s not expected to be anything to do with WrestleMania 32.
- Despite Dana White’s preference, the WWE is planning to run an angle with Ronda Rousey in the fall to lead up to a build for Wrestlemania 32.
- The Young Bucks are allegedly being pursued by the likes of TNA, Ring of Honor, and Lucha Underground.
- As has been the case for a few weeks now, NXT stars Finn Balor and Charlotte are expected to be called up to the main roster soon. However, I think the recent injuries to Sami Zayn and Hideo Itami might push back Balor’s debut as NXT is lacking star power for future live specials.
- Here’s a totally random rumor: Jimmy Wang Yang of all people is teasing a return to the WWE.
- CM Punk previously took credit for coming up with The Shield, but Roman Reigns disputed this fact at Wizard World Comic Con last week.
Heard of any other speculation worth mentioning? Let us know in the comments section below. Also, don’t forget that these are all rumors that originated from a ton of different sources and these notes are not to be treated as fact.
Featured Image: prowrestlingpowerhouse.com