Outside of fantasy booking and complaining about WWE creative there’s nothing the internet wrestling community (IWC) loves to do more than speculate on rumors. This weekly feature recaps the latest gossip surrounding pro wrestling over the previous week.
Let’s take a look at the most prominent rumors from 5/25 through 6/1:
- The WWE wasted no time in announcing two matches for their next PPV. John Cena vs. Kevin Owens II and the Money in the Bank Ladder Match have been added to the Money in the Bank PPV. The only ladder match participants known at this time are Randy Orton, Kofi Kingston, Neville, Roman Reigns, Dolph Ziggler, and Sheamus.
- Global Force Wrestling is pushing hard for Jim Ross and Chael Sonnen as their regular announce team.
- Brock Lesnar is expected to work the Battleground pay-per-view and be a regular presence through SummerSlam.
- Randy Orton and Big Show are expected to make their return to live television this Monday. No word on if Show is going to make his 1,687th character turn yet though.
- Various reports, including one prominent one from Hollywood Life, stated that Stephen Amell of the TV show Arrow will face Stardust at SummerSlam. Amell has disputed this rumor as recently as Sunday afternoon. Would you even be interested in this feud?
- Following the incredible reception the Sasha Banks-Becky Lynch match at NXT Takeover: Unstoppable received, there is a strong push to have a women’s match headline an upcoming NXT special.
- Austin Aries appears to be letting his contract expire with TNA in June to work the independent scene. I don’t think many would mind if the Greatest Man Who Ever Lived showed up at Full Sail, would they?
Heard of any other speculation worth mentioning? Let us know in the comments section below. Also, don’t forget that these are all rumors that originated from a ton of different sources and these notes are not to be treated as fact.
Featured Image: ibtimes.co.uk