After much speculation, Ohio State has released images of their “rivalry” uniforms that they will wear this Saturday when the Buckeyes square off against the arch-rival Michigan. Here is the official statement from Ohio State:
Ohio State will be outfitted for the game in special Nike uniforms. This year’s model hints back to the uniform style worn by the Buckeyes starting in the 1967 season but that are typically referenced as the uniforms worn by the 1968 national champion Ohio State squad. This year’s uniform look includes:
- Scarlet jerseys with large gray numbers on front and back of the jersey and most noticeably on the shoulder pads;
- Gray pants with wider piping down the sides;
- Black stripe around the jersey sleeves;
- Seven Buckeye leaves along the back collar and a Block “O” on the front collar; and
- Wider scarlet, white and black stripe on a dull chrome helmet.
What do you guys think? These are underwhelming to me considering some of the really slick uniforms we have seen this year.