Ohio State quarterback JT Barrett has a knack for making plays especially when OSU needs them the most. Nebraska will absolutely have to keep Barrett in the pocket and trust their defensive backs to provide coverage. Barrett has an accurate arm but the way for Nebraska to win is to keep him from getting free.
Punts Are People, Too
After throwing only one interception in the first 5 games of the season, Husker QB Tommy Armstrong has thrown 6 in the last three contests. That has to stop. If Armstrong loses more than one ball then it will be a huge uphill climb for Nebraska. Throw the ball away, punt on 4th down and live to fight another day.
Understand that Ohio State is extremely talented and very well coached; they’re going to make some plays. The Huskers will need to stick to the game plan, stay patient with the running game, not be afraid to throw the ball a little and play sound defense to get out of Columbus alive. Not so much to ask, right?
- Tough running early for the Huskers.
- Nate Gerry making a highlight play.
- Somebody yelling “run the ball!” even when Nebraska is struggling to run the ball.
- 492.9 – yards per game for Ohio State’s offense. They lead the Big Ten.
- 342.1 – yards per game given up by the Huskers, good for 4th in the league.
- 1 – number of losses OSU has so far this season. Tied for the most Urban Meyer has had during the regular season at Ohio State.
Ohio State 34 – Nebraska 20