Hard to believe that 15 weeks have passed and that college football is on the stretch run to the final BCS title game. And just like the teams vying for a BCS title have dwindled down to just a few with hopes so has the pick em battle here at No Coast Bias. A battle that began with ten staffers has shrunk down to around 4 or 5 a week. Of course only three have a shot a being crowned the champ and this week’s games will not be easy which bodes well for Tony Bishop, our current leader. So without further ado here are the final games and picks for week 15.
- Duke vs Florida State
- Michigan State vs Ohio State
- Mizzou vs Auburn
- Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State
- Arizona State vs Stanford
- Texas vs Baylor
- Fresno State vs Utah State
BATTLE FOR THE NO COAST BIAS BELT – THIS WEEK RECORD IN ()
1. TONY BISHOP 74-31 (4-3) NO COAST BIAS CHAMPION
2. CHRIS HALL 72-33 (4-3)
3. TIM FREBURG 68-30
4. DEREK HERNANDEZ 65-33 (6-1)
CHRIS HATCH 59 WINS (4-3), DAVE FEIT 40 WINS, TATE VOBACH 37 WINS, BRIAN BRASHAW 27 WINS, TAYLOR VENEMA 23 WINS.
- Florida State – I love the story coming out of Durham as I have spent a lot of time near Duke’s campus but the Seminoles are just too talented and now with the Winston drama behind them this could get ugly.
- Ohio State – I wrestled with this pick after seeing how good the MSU defense is BUT my Irish beat Sparty with a very immobile QB in Tommy Rees and Braxton Miller is no Tommy Rees. MSU and their D are overrated.
- Auburn – WAR EAGLE!!!!
- Oklahoma State – Cowboys ALL DAY
- ASU – FORK EM DEVILS
- Baylor – Baylor takes a big game from the Horns and end Mack Brown’s run in Austin.
- Fresno State – The BCS dreams have been dashed but Carr will come out firing and light up the scoreboard.
- Florida State’s three deep could probably beat Duke. Not to take anything away from the progress the Blue Devils have made this season, but there’s just no way I see them getting in under the radar here.
- Michigan State has one of the best defenses in the nation. Ohio State hasn’t seen a single good defense all season. Frustration gets to a mediocre contender and Auburn fans rejoice (…or do they?). Sparty stuns the world (or the world not named Tony Bishop)
- Mizzou has a chance to play spoiler here, but Auburn is getting better every day and I see no reason why it won’t continue this week. There’s too much on the line here and the War Eagle will cry again.
- Oklahoma has been exposed seemingly all season but have squeaked their way through a mediocre conference. It catches up with them again, as the Cowboys get the big victory.
- In a classic “offense vs. defense” game, defense usually wins. And they will again. Stanford to the Rose Bowl.
- I like how Texas has improved this year and I think they’ll get another big win for Mack Brown. Baylor just doesn’t have what it takes to be a major team yet and McCoy/Shipley will continue to roll.
- Utah State gets the upset here, as Fresno’s meltdown/let down continues. It’s hard to get excited about this game when the BCS phone call was cut off before anyone bothered dialing. Heartbreak continues.
- Duke vs Florida State – FSU in a game closer than expected. Too much Jameis for the Dukies though.
- Michigan State vs Ohio State – MSU. Calling the upset now. I do think the Sparty D is a bit overrated (they let a gimpy Nebraska put points on them), but I think they make enough plays and capitalize on turnovers to shock the world.
- Mizzou vs Auburn – Auburn. War Damn Eagle. Plus, I can’t live in a world where Mizzou is SEC champion.
- Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State – Okie Lite takes bedlam.
- Arizona State vs Stanford – Stanford slows down the Sun Devils offense to win by a field-goal.
- Texas vs Baylor – Baylor annihilates Texas.
- Fresno State vs Utah State – Fresno State as Carr continues to drop bombs for the Bulldogs.
1. Duke vs Florida State: FSU Wins by a mile.
2. Michigan State vs Ohio State: Ohio State. Unforunately.
3. Mizzou vs Auburn: Mizzou in a stunning upset.
4. Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State: OK State
5. Arizona State vs Stanford: Stanford wins.
6. Texas vs Baylor: Baylor wins.
7. Fresno State vs Utah State: Fresno gets the “W”