Week 8 is in the books and Brian remains on top of the standings. It was a fairly good week for predictions as four of our staff members picked five games correctly. Check out the full results and updated standings below.
As a reminder, the staff member with the most points at the end of the season will be crowned the NCB CFB Pick’em Champion. Championship belt and all. Be sure to follow along all season long and feel free to voice your opinions in the comments section and our Facebook Fan Page.
Here were the Pick’em games for Week 8:
- (6)LSU vs @(20)Texas A&M Sat 10/20 10:00am
- @(23)Michigan vs Michigan St. Sat 10/20 01:30pm
- Nebraska vs @Northwestern Sat 10/20 01:30pm
- @(3)Florida vs (9)South Carolina Sat 10/20 01:30pm
- @(17)West Virginia vs (4)Kansas St. Sat 10/20 05:00pm
- LSU – I’m a fan but Johnny Football finally plays a real defense and Tigers run on it the Aggie D all day.
- Michigan – Sparty’s anemic offense does come even close to hanging with Robinson and Co.
- Huskers – There’s tons of panic in Huskerland and rightfully so. I still think Nebraska wins in a shootout.
- Florida – Spurrier wins in the house he built.
- WVU – West Virginia may not play ANY defense but this is the first offense that exposes KSU’s secondary.
- LSU-Tigers win in Aggie-Land.
- Michigan-Sparty sputters against the Wolverines.
- Nebraska-Huskers will avenge the nightmare from last year.
- South Carolina-Spurrier spurs the Gamecocks to victory.
- Kansas State-I’m all for our former Big 12 foes trouncing the Mountaineers.
- LSU- Is it possible to fly under the radar and be in the top 10? They will roll.
- Michigan-Both of these teams were preseason frauds but Michigan has the best player on the field in Shoelace so I give them the edge.
- Nebraska-The Big Red Machine gets back on track this week with some revenge against the ‘Cats.
- Florida-Spurrier always plays his old team tough but a banged up Lattimore has me leaning Gators.
- WVU-Heisman favorite vs Heisman Darkhorse. The favorite gets it done at home.
- LSU – The Aggie offense doesn’t stand a chance.
- MICH – Too much Shoelace (or lack there of)
- Huskers – #WinOut
- S.Carolina – I hate the Gators and the Gamecocks are looking to embarrass whoever is left on their schedule.
- WVU – “See what had happen was…”, says WVU after last week’s laugher
- Texas A&M – The Aggies and that 12th man get their first huge SEC win. Johnny Football grows up today.
- Michigan – I actually think this is a bad match up for the Wolverines, but at home, they squeak it out.
- Nebraska – Bo is 3-1 coming of a bye week and has won the last 3 after break by a 116 – 39 margin.
- South Carolina – Florida finally gets exposed today. South Carolina’s offense is better than LSU, and LSU’s defense is better than Florida’s. Logic says SC.
- Kansas State – Texas Tech showed the world how to beat WVa and Klein & Co. will play ball control.
- The Tigers flatten the Aggies … Geaux!
- Michigan — Shoelace finishes off his inter-state rivals in style.
- Northwestern — Gotta play devils advocate, Northwestern wins at home.
- Florida — Florida keeps proving why they are top 5 material.
- West Virginia — Kiss your sister, the Moutaineers win at home.
- LSU- I think they’ve woken up now this season
- UM- as much as I love MSU. They just aren’t good this year.
- Northwestern- they don’t look half bad. Try telling that to their uniforms though.
- Florida- really REALLY done betting against them
- Kansas State- only pick I got right last week so I’m doin it again.
1. Brian (27 points)
2. Nate (26)
3. Lisa (25)
4. Edge and Derek (24 points each)
6. Carmen and Greg (22)