Week six of the college football season is in the books and the NCB Pick’em standings were shaken up.
For the first time this season Derek is not in the top spot. Brandon had a near-perfect week with 5 correct picks and the hot week Brian had (4 correct picks) allowed for him to take over first-place. Lisa takes over the 2nd spot and there is a three-way tie for 3rd. Week six was also the last week for Bonus Picks so all the NCB “experts” will each be picking the winners of five games moving forward.
Let’s see how all of NCB’s self-proclaimed experts fared this week.
Here were the Pick’em games for Week 6:
- (4)LSU vs @(10)Florida Sat 10/06 01:30pm
- @(6)South Carolina vs (5)Georgia Sat 10/06 05:00pm
- @(11)Texas vs (8)West Virginia Sat 10/06 05:00pm
- @(9)Notre Dame vs Miami (FL) Sat 10/06 05:30pm
- @(12)Ohio St. vs (21)Nebraska Sat 10/06 06:00pm
- LSU – I think this week begins the fall of Florida this year. Still don’t think Les’ crew is deserving of a top 5 ranking though.
- DAWGs – Never thought I’d say this but I think Georgia will win because they have more playmakers on O
- WVU – Geno Smith doesn’t come close to his numbers last week but neither does Texas QB Nick Ash.
- The U – My upset special for this week as Miami QB S. Morris is the first to crack the Irish D this year.
- Bucks – Bo Pelini’s defenses are TERRIBLE against mobile QBs.
- Florida: Gators drag Tigers into the swamp.
- Georgia: Dawgs will eat the silly chickens.
- West Virginia: Horns get hooked at home.
- Notre Dame: The Holy Domers will take the convicts straight to the electric chair.
- Nebraska: Do the Huskers really have a chance? I hope so!
- Florida: In the Swamp only Gators come out alive.
- Georgia: South Carolina is OVERRATED!
- Texas: Geno will put up numbers but quietly, Texas is “back”
- Miami: Magical ride ends for ND in Chicago under the lights with the Canes pulling the upset
- Ohio St. I refuse to believe in the Huskers on the road until I see it. Plus the Blackshirts need to worry about Braxton Miller adding to a Heisman reel.
- LSU – The Field Goal Bowl as these two defenses battle it out.
- UGA – Big game for Mark Richt and the Bulldogs. Overrated no more!
- WVU – That Texas/Okie St. game was rigged in the Longhorns favor, but I don’t know if they can rig a 30-40 point deficit.
- ND – Manti Te’o is going to put someone on a stretcher.
- NU – Big test for the Blackshirts as they face the Florida Gators of 2009-10
BONUS PICK: Oregon – Prefontaine = Ducks run all day
- Florida – Going with the upset in this one. LSU is the better team but has played two uninspired games and I think Florida catches them napping.
- Georgia – The dogs do just enough to win this one as they are more battle-tested.
- West Virginia – In a rout.
- Notre Dame – Miami just lost their AD and they aren’t any good anyway. Distractions.
- Nebraska – But this game feels like Virginia Tech 2009 all over again.
BONUS PICK: Oregon – Will this be more high scoring than West Virginia v. Baylor?
- LSU … The Gators are not quite ready to chomp the Tigers.
- Georgia … Go Dawgs!
- Texas … Texas will give WVU a BIG welcome to the Big 12.
- Notre Dame … the Irish D will squash the Hurricane.
- Ohio St … the Buckeyes dominate at home.
BONUS PICK: Oregon … Oregon takes care of Washington … what does that O stand for?
- LSU- Considering a top 5 ranking is inevitable, they might as well deserve it.
- UGA- Gotta go with the Dawgs at home*
- Texas- Dare I stick to my original statement that they are the real deal? Plus WVU has no defense cough63pointscough
- ND- See first part of previous pick.
- Nebraska- Even though I think OSU will beat them, I’d rather take an L than the risk of being wrong and being chastised by my fellow staffers.
*SC will be Bulldog Country come Saturday. Have you seen how well they travel?
BONUS PICK: Chip and Dip Kelly’s Ducks- The only question in this game is Oregon’s uni’s (as always).
- Florida – Muschamp’s on a roll and LSU looks shaky. Time for the Hat to get bit.
- South Carolina – Jadeveon Clowney for the win, please.
- Texas – If the ‘Horns lose, Gary Patterson is looking to move on up.
- Notre Dame – Closer than the experts think.
- Ohio State – Bo is no good on the road against teams with good talent in a hostile environment.
BONUS PICK: Oregon – And what uniforms will the Ducks be wearing?
Here are the current standings after Week 6:
1. Brian (20 points)
2. Lisa (19)
3. Derek, Nate and Edge (18 points each)
6. Carmen (17)
7. Greg (16)
8. Brandon (13)