NCB staff members Derek, Nate, Greg, Edge, Lisa, Brian, Brandon and Carmen have been making their picks all season long and after last week’s games the race for first-place is as tight as ever. The top 7 is separated by 3 points and Brandon can make up for lost time quickly with a great week in picks. With conference play starting up things are bound to get interesting.
As a reminder, bonus points will be awarded up until week 6 to give the new Pick’em players a chance to make up for the points missed in Weeks 1 and 2.
The staff member with the most points at the end of the season will be crowned the NCB CFB Pick’em Champion. Championship belt and all. Be sure to follow along all season long and feel free to voice your opinions in the comments section and our Facebook Fan Page.
Here are the Pick’em games for Week 5:
- @(9)West Virginia vs (25)Baylor Sat 09/29 10:00am
- @(20)Michigan St. vs (14)Ohio St. Sat 09/29 01:30pm
- @(5)Georgia vs Tennessee Sat 09/29 01:30pm
- (12)Texas vs @Oklahoma St. Sat 09/29 05:50pm
- @(22)Nebraska vs Wisconsin Sat 09/29 06:00pm
Here are the staff member picks:
- WVU – The ‘Neers prevail in a 103-97 shootout
- MSU – Sparty holds Braxton Miller in check and wins an ugly, ugly game
- DAWGS – I’m a big Tyler Bray fan but Georgia is just flat out more complete
- OKIE LITE – The Pokes have had recent success against the Horns and I think that continues
- Children from the Corn – Huskers come out in their fancy kicks and uni’s and get revenge on the Wilsonless Badgers
- WVU: aren’t they the folks who burn couches?
- Ohio St: Urban assault on the Spartans
- Georgia: Georgia on my mind
- Texas: Cowboys find a Horn in their side.
- Nebraska: Let’s hope the Badgers choke on a corn cob.
- WVU- Neither of these teams is as good as their ranking but I’m not close to sold on Baylor
- OSU- I think Urban has this team cookin’ and Sparty is in for a long night
- Tennessee- Love Tyler Bray. Upset special!
- Ok St.-Don’t think the Texas secondary is as good as people think and Ok St will sling it all over the yard.
- NEB- It’s time for some revenge. Wilson gone, Montee Ball may not play. Big red machine rolls.
- WVU – Get your banjos and moonshine ready, and bring your hottest cousins to the after party
- MSU – MSU’s D forces Braxton Miller to use his arm and his brain. FAIL!
- UGA – My home state represents between the hedges, and send the Vols home wishing they got paid to play.
- Okie State – Cowboys fire on all cylinders when Texas’ D finally faces a potent offense.
- NU – Sweet, sweet revenge (as long as T-Magic brings the new arm)
BONUS PICK: ASU – The Sun Devils keep it rolling in the Pac-12
- West Virginia – looks to be a high flyer. WVU 54 – 38.
- Ohio State – I might be the only person on the planet that said preseason the Spartans were garbage.
- Georgia – Tennessee only played 3 quarters against Florida and Georgia is better.
- Oklahoma State – We finally get to see that Texas is overrated.
- Nebraska – Lots of distractions, but they will play through.
BONUS PICK: ASU, for no reason at all.
- West Virginia – and try not to celebrate the win with your family.
- Michigan St. – Sparty gets redemption at home.
- Georgia – The Dawgs will dominate the Vols.
- Oklahoma St. – Pokes in the upset will triumph over the Longhorns.
- Nebraska – Huskers win at home.
BONUS PICK: Arizona State – CAL is not quite ready to hang with the big boys
- WVU- Who has Baylor played? Oh right, ULM…
- MSU- Sparty on!
- UGA- Tennessee is quickly becoming a nobody in the SEC
- Texas- They look to be the real deal this year… no this year.
- Nebraska- Just because I think my days as a staff writer would be numbered if I picked against them…
BONUS PICK: ASU. Obviously.
- West Virginia – Bears, glad you had fun with RG3. Enjoy the other side of the coin.
- Ohio State – Screw this up, Urban. Please. I dare you.
- Georgia – Go ya Silver Britches! Texas – So much orange.
- Nebraska – Absolutely no excuse to lose this game. None. Nada. Zip.
BONUS PICK: Cal – Don’t make me look bad, Tedford.
Here are the current standings after Week 4:
1. Derek (13 points)
2. Lisa (12)
3. Greg, Edge and Brian (11 points each)
6. Nate and Carmen (10 points each)
8. Brandon (4)