The closer and closer we get to Selection Sunday, the more teams I can completely eliminate from the Bracketology Spreadsheet. We are now just over a month from Selection Sunday and you can fully expect the bracket to change a lot between now and then. In this addition of Bracketology, I want to give some extra “nuggets” of information regarding the brackets.
If this, then that…
1. If Wichita State finishes the regular season and their conference tournament undefeated, then that does not guarantee them a 1 seed. Teams like Kansas, Villanova, San Diego State, and Michigan State can all finish their seasons strong and would have more quality wins than the Shockers.
2. If Syracuse and Arizona don’t self-destruct, then they will be 1 seeds. The only thing standing between Syracuse and Arizona not being on the 1 line is themselves.
3. If Oklahoma State continues their downfall, then they could be sweating on Selection Sunday. The Cowboys have lost 5 of their last 6 and have two games upcoming this week. It’s not looking good for Travis Ford’s squad.
4. If West Virginia and Baylor finish the season strong, then the Big 12 could have 8 teams in the NCAA Tournament. This is not very likely, but still possible which is very impressive.
5. If Gonzaga wins the West Coast Conference Tournament, then they could be the only bid from their conference. The WCC is down this year and teams like BYU and Saint Mary’s are on the bubble.
Bubble Teams in need of a win (in no order)…
Saint Joseph’s, Dayton, Richmond, Clemson, Wake Forest, SMU, Baylor, West Virginia, Providence, Xavier, Georgetown, Indiana, Boise State, Arizona State, Oregon, Stanford, Missouri, Ole Miss, Tennessee, LSU, Arkansas, Saint Mary’s, BYU, Louisiana Tech
Just made it… Tennessee, Oregon, LSU, Georgetown
Just missed it… Clemson, Missouri, Providence, Baylor