What’s The Haps for April 7th?
David Shoemaker pulls a Rick Rude, Miesha Tate finds out her next opponent, The Menéndez Brothers are set to be the next big thing in the true crime world and more!
The guys who brought you Law & Order is banks on The Menéndez Brothers as America’s next true crime obsession? (Uproxx)
Miesha Tate is set to defend her title against Amanda Nunes at UFC 200.(The Score)
Florida hunters capture a 15 foot alligator, whose been nibbling on their cattle. Remind me to never go to Florida.(Fox 13)
WWE Films continues their streak of outrageous movies with Temple, a movie starring WWE Superstar Seth Rollins alongside Wesley Snipes and produced by KISS frontman Gene Simmons.(Stashed)
Last night news broke out that David Shoemaker would be leaving the ESPN umbrella and his podcast Cheap Heat to join his former boss Bill Simmons and company at The Ringer. Shoemaker is going to be the brand’s art director along with taking on the role he is most known for the wrestling columnist.
Shoemaker’s departure leaves a void in Cheap Heat, that co-host Peter Rosenberg has said will be filled with guest host for the foreseeable future. I’ve decided to take this opportunity to introduce a new segment to The Haps I’m going to call Top 5 (not the most original title I know). This week I’m going to list the Top 5 Guest Host I Want to See on Cheap Heat.
5. Alexa Datt: Host of the Datt’s What She Said Podcast and real life tag partner to co-host Rosenberg an episode with Alexa would be fun.
4. Emilio Sparks: The Host of the Emilio Sparks Experience and wrestling fan is one of the best interviewers in the game. While Cheap Heat’s format has never been that style, his knowledge of the business and over the top personality would fit right in.
3. Kazeem Famuyide: Kaz has been just about everywhere on the internet except Cheap Heat. His test run at a podcast with Emilio Sparks title Strong Style proved he could more than handle being a guest host on Cheap Heat.
2. Chris Hero: If you’ve never heard Hero on a podcast you are truly missing out. A few months back Hero filled in for Matty Robinson on Get Up On This and the show didn’t miss a beat. Hero clearly has the knowledge to fill in for Shoemaker, it’s just a matter of if he has the time to do it.
1. The Masked Man: Just like when Hulk Hogan was forced to sit out his contract and returned as Mr. America, Shoemaker can don the moniker The Masked Man. Naturally The Masked Man would have extensive knowledge about pro-wrestling but he too would be a great hang.
Thon Maker 2016 NBA Draft Scouting Video – Strengths
Woman Mistakes Kevin Hart For Chris Rock
Qantas vs Tesla
Ol’ Dirty Bastard – Shimmy Shimmy Ya