The Royal Rumble has become known for two main things Kofi Kingston’s crazy spot and the surprise entrants. Last year we got the return of Buh Buh Ray Dudley, which eventually led to the return of the Dudley Boyz.
This year with a depleted roster and lack of real star power were may get lucky to see several surprise guest, more so than usual.
Here is a list that I complied of superstars I’d love to see surprise us all.
10. Stephen Amell: The rumor that Amell and Stardust feud is far from over have started to heat up more as this weekend approached. Both are set to have an appearance set for the Heroes& Villains Fan Fest, so this would be a perfect time to use Amell, as the Rumble match would protect his in ring short comings. It would also give us a perfect reason for a singles match if Amell were to eliminate Stardust from the match, thus costing him his chance at the title.
9. Daniel Bryan: Honestly is there anyone at this point that doesn’t want to see Daniel Bryan back in a ring…while I feel like this would be a long shot, Bryan has allegedly been given a clean bill of health. WWE seems to be hell bent on not letting Bryan back into the ring till they are more than 100 percent sure he will be able to maintain his health.
8. Samoa Joe: Joe has been ready for the main roster since he signed on the dotted line and debut in NXT. While it seems like Joe might be a main stay of NXT for some time helping groom future talent like Baron Corbin, this would be a great time to use him.Joe spent plenty of time in TNA, who’s home base was Orlando, so the crowd should have a pretty good idea as to who he is and honestly it would please even the smarkest of marks out there.
7. AJ Styles: By now it’s known that Styles will debuting shortly with the company, like Joe he spent a good chuck of his career with TNA so the Orlando crowd has a pretty good idea as to who he is. This would also give him a great shot at creating a feud that could bring him into the forefront.
6. The Godfather: Its being reported that Charles Wright is set to be inducted in this year’s WWE Hall of Fame, so what better way to reintroduce him to the crowd then in the Royal Rumble. I wouldn’t be shocked if they went the Papa Shango route give the PG nature of the program, but Wright’s most famous and recent character The Godfather would make more sense to me.
5. Rob Van Dam: It’s been a minute since we’ve seen RVD in a WWE ring, and he has always been a fan favorite so seeing him pop up in this year’s Royal Rumble wouldn’t be too much of a stretch. The recent return of Rhyno, Tommy Dreamer & Dudley Boys and the reaction they got could have WWE officials dipping back into the ECW money pot.
4. Drew Galloway: This might be a long shot due to his deal with TNA, but WWE & Evolve have worked out some sort of deal and Galloway formally Drew McIntyre is a main stay in Evolve. Galloway would strictly be there as a nod to the fan base who has a broader range of wrestling interest aka the IWC.
3. “The Balor Club”: It would be an interesting turn of events if Finn Balor debut in the Royal Rumble alongside former Bullet Club teammates Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows. It’s been speculated that Gallows & Anderson would be headed down to NXT for a bit, but why not bring the crew right up and give them a feud with AJ Styles, there is an angle there that could be recycled for a fresh crowd.
2. Baron Corbin: While he might be entering another feud in NXT, it might be time to call the former NFL offensive lineman up. Corbin has been on a roll as of late and now would be just as good of a time to see what Corbin can do. While he still is relatively green compared to the rest of NXT, he has been gaining popularity as of late with his spots on NXT & the WWE Network’s Breaking Ground.
1. Triple H: HHH is most likely going to make his way into the Royal Rumble to continue his feud with Roman Reigns. I’m not sure exactly what the odds are, but to see him walk out as the new champion wouldn’t surprise me. It would give WWE a story arch for Fast Lane while keeping whatever they decided for WrestleMania fresh.